Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Bassett and A Beaver

Well, it was an exciting week at the Moore house!

First our new Bassett couch was delivered! I was worried after we ordered it that it was going to be too big or the wrong color, but it's perfect! It's big, soft, cozy, red, and I love it....and that's good because we'll probably have it for the next 30 years!



Then, Neil and I had our second Date Night. This time it was my turn to plan. I had read a raving review about a Houston eatery called Beaver's in a food magazine. It's an old ice house that someone turned into a barbecue place. It's known for it's smoked meat and beer. I thought that it sounded fun, so we headed out Saturday night for our fun. There were over 75 beers to choose from! I didn't really like the beer that I ended up with so Neil graciously handed over his Shiner for me to enjoy. What can I say? I'm not much of a beer girl. We ordered a sampler platter so that we could try all of the meat. It was really good. I'm not sure that we'll ever go back, but it was fun to try out for the Date Night.


Then on Sunday the miraculous happened...the valences that I had purchased nearly 3 months ago got hung up! Poor Neil has struggled with this project on three separate occasions (there were issues with studs and window framing), but as always he persevered and I think that it looks great! Well done babe!


I really think that the family room is starting to look like home!

2 comments:

Steph said...

:::GASP::::!!!! Your blog! It's so beautiful!

And super fun post! I love looking at people's homes, even if it's on the blog. It looks so warm and inviting! Well done and congrats on getting the valences up...we put things like that off too. Except for longer than three months...years! We've lived in our house over a year...no curtains in the living room! Grrr! ;) Oh well...one day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very cozy living room!! The colors are very nice and look so like you! Can't wait to see it in person!